DD Frontline Hammock
Product Code: DD-FHB
Availability: In Stock
Ex Tax: R1,127.00
Bug-proof and breathable
Our popular DD Frontline Hammock is a versatile and tough double-layered design, with a breathable base and its mosquito net built in - meaning that it excels in various climates.
With the webbing pre-fitted and spreader poles/elastic included to raise the net, the Frontline's ease of setup makes it a great all-round system suitable for users with any level of hammock camping experience. Pair it with a DD Underblanket to camp in comfort during the colder months, or take it on a tropical expedition - its netting and breathable material make it an ideal jungle hammock.
Sleep 100% bug-free with the Frontline's insect net zipped up, or simply unzip both sides and roll up to secure out of the way. Alternatively, suspend the hammock with the net on the bottom to lounge out in the sun!
This hammock is not waterproof. For similar functionality but with waterproof base layers, see our DD Travel Hammock.
2.7m x 1.4m (comfortable for people up to 6ft 5in and 125kg)
Olive green, Coyote brown, Jet black or Maroon red
860g (hammock only)
Frontline Hammock, Webbing (10m), elastic cord, 2 x spreader poles, stuff sack
- Breathable, double-layered design with velcro tab closure – lie between the layers to cocoon yourself, or insert a partially-inflated thermarest or camping mat between the layers in cooler weather
- Ultra-fine mesh mosquito net built in: zips closed and protects against all insects (even the Scottish midge!)
- 2 x foldable lightweight spreader poles and 2 x 2m lengths of elastic, to suspend the net
- 2 x double-sided zippers for easy open and close
- 2 x internal hanging loops for torches, glasses...
- 4 internal pockets to store small valuables
- 4 tabs on each corner of the base - to peg out, to suspend equipment from or to fit a DD Underblanket
- Pre-fitted with 10m strong suspension webbing (5m each end)
- Stuff sack
- DD Tarp 3x3
- DD Hammock Sleeve
DD hammock safety
- Remove any sharp objects from your person before entering the hammock
- Please follow the maximum recommended weight limit
- Check all suspension cordage is in good condition before hanging, and ensure any knots are secure before entering the hammock
- Do not set up the hammock too low to the ground, and check beneath it for any sharp objects that could come in contact with the material/suspension
- DD hammocks are not suitable for children under 3
- To preserve the strength of the material, avoid folding along the same lines too frequently (change after 10 times)
- Store in a cool, dry, dark place
- Always ensure your gear (including any cordage) is completely dry before storing away
- Avoid prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures (above 40C and below -15C), and keep your gear at least a 2m distance from flames
- Do not machine wash. Clean carefully by hand only, using lukewarm water
- Prolonged exposure to strong UV light can cause material to weaken (UV degradation is excluded from warranty)