DD Travel Hammock / Bivi
Product Code: DD-THB
Availability: In Stock
Ex Tax: R1,228.91
Convertible with a waterproof base
The double-layered DD Travel Hammock/Bivi has a built on mosquito net and a waterproof floor. With the webbing pre-fitted and spreader poles/elastic included to raise the net, the Travel Hammock is a versatile system suitable for users with any level of hammock camping experience.
Great on and off the ground
This hammock's waterproof floor makes it ready to deploy on the ground as a bivi. Backpackers and long-distance hikers will appreciate this, in the event that the next campsite turns out to be tree-free!
Zip up the net for 100% bug protection, or simply unzip both sides and roll up to secure out of the way. Alternatively, suspend the hammock with the net on the bottom to lounge out in the sun!
For similar functionality but with a breathable base, see the DD Frontline Hammock.
2.7m x 1.4m (comfortable for people up to 6ft 5in and 125kg)
Olive green, Coyote brown
930g (hammock only)
Travel Hammock, Webbing (10m), 2 x elastic cord, 2 x spreader poles, stuff sack
- Double-layered design with velcro tab closure – insert a partially-inflated thermarest between the layers in cooler weather
- Waterproof floor layer
- Ultra-fine mesh mosquito net built in: zips closed and protects against all insects (even the smallest!)
- Foldable lightweight spreader poles and two 2m lengths of elastic, to suspend the net
- 2 x double-sided zippers for easy open and close
- 2 x internal hanging loops for torches, glasses etc.
- 4 internal pockets to store small valuables
- 4 tabs on each corner of the base - to peg out, to suspend equipment from or to fit a DD Underblanket
- Pre-fitted with 10m strong suspension webbing (5m each end)
- Stuff sack
Some Travel Hammock users may experience mild condensation due to the waterproof floor.
This can be down to the air flow into the hammock set-up or the sleeping temperature of the individual. To increase air flow, we recommend suspending your tarp higher up or in a 'diamond' formation.
DD hammock safety
- Remove any sharp objects from your person before entering the hammock
- Please follow the maximum recommended weight limit
- Check all suspension cordage is in good condition before hanging, and ensure any knots are secure before entering the hammock
- Do not set up the hammock too low to the ground, and check beneath it for any sharp objects that could come in contact with the material/suspension
- DD hammocks are not suitable for children under 3
- To preserve the strength of the material, avoid folding along the same lines too frequently (change after 10 times)
- Store in a cool, dry, dark place
- Always ensure your gear (including any cordage) is completely dry before storing away
- Avoid prolonged exposure to extreme temperatures (above 40C and below -15C), and keep your gear at least a 2m distance from flames
- Do not machine wash. Clean carefully by hand only, using lukewarm water
- Prolonged exposure to strong UV light can cause material to weaken (UV degradation is excluded from warranty)